Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Life is so Unpredictable...

Life is indeed but a flash of light that passes by quickly!
My buddy's dad just passed away last nite... :(
Was having my usual badminton game on the usual slow Monday evenings... Had the urge to check on my phone for any missed calls or smses... Read the bad news & was in a daze for awhile... Shocked and saddened to hear the news and lost of words to even think about comforting my fren... Couldn't concentrate on my game for the rest of the nite... On the way to pick up dinner, thot i'd drop by to see if there was anything i could be of help... It was one of those 'rare' occasions where i couldnt think of any words to say but believe my presence alone would be enough...
Suddenly i had this thought which is in the Bible - Our human lives are like the grass in the field... one moment we exist and the wind comes & blow away the grass and we are no more... cant help but just reflect upon my own life to find any significance or impact i may have made to the people around me... Reminded myself not to take life for granted... there's just so much more than the common, mundane, ritualistic, boring tasks that we have to do each day that makes up our lives... but the reason for our existense is to live a life for Jesus! To be His salt of the earth & light of the world.
Be the star God has called u to be... sparkle in the midst of darkness He's placed us in... Live life worthy of a God who loved us enough to give His life for us! ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Sorry to hear that. Totally agree with what you said. Appreciate whatever we have especially family and friends. God always has his plan for us.

11:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home