Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Passion & Pride?!

The only thing in common for this posting from my last is... it's a Wednesday! And it's almost 2 months later too... What started off as a revival of blogging has almost turned out to be another 'good try' until the next "We're Back" declaration just to keep the motion of blogging going without any real consistency in keeping tabs with the happenings in my life & those around me...
One of the reasons why i'm blogging today is because i woke up hoping to hear the good news of my soccer team causing an upset in an important game but not expecting a big surprise, we lost the game. Instead of being too disheartened and trying to console myself that it's not all that gloomy coupled with me not being able to wake up at 3am to watch the game, i was able to be very objective in catching up on the after match comments. Honestly, soccer fans like me who can get overly obsessed or emotional with our favourite soccer teams can have our day or moment ruined by seeing our team lose matches or caught up in some debates with fans of other soccer teams. Such is the passion we have which can be a 'bad thing' when not blended with proper self control. After all, my wife and those around me that doesn't share the same passion will query me on whether it's worthwhile getting all worked up for a soccer team who may not even know my existence or the significance of the impact of 11 players on the field can do to me.
So, i'm gonna make a new milestone today that i'm gonna be supporting my favourite soccer team with the right ingredient of passion & pride while not being too fanatic about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home